20 August 2013
by Tad Cronn
Liberals like to toss around words they've heard in movies or on Bill Maher's show without having a clue to their meaning.
Take the word "fascist," a favorite of frustrated liberals when they've hit an intellectual dead-end in an argument against a conservative -- so usually about three seconds into it.
A fascist, of course, is a supporter of fascism, a word which has its root in the Latin "fasces," a symbol of Roman imperial authority that consisted of a bundle of wooden rods with an ax head protruding.
Historically, fascist governments include the Axis nations in World War II, along with countries like Greece, Spain, Brazil and Croatia around the same period. In 1933, according to testimony from Gen. Smedley Butler, there was a plot by fascist sympathizers in American big business circles to carry out a coup against President Franklin Roosevelt.
What is fascism, though?
Skip right past the online definitions that equate fascism with American conservatism and look at a reliable source like Merriam-Webster, which states that fascism is "a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition."
Let's break that down and see who's really a fascist:
- Exalts nation and often race above the individual -- Remember "you didn't build that"? How about "spread the wealth around"? Or, "if I had a son, he would look like Trayvon" followed by dead silence when it was a white child being beaten on a school bus by three black children? The Administration is famous for its favoritism toward blacks and Muslims. And it definitely has a low regard for individual freedoms.
- Stands for a centralized autocratic government -- Obamacare, expansion of the IRS, militarization of the Department of Homeland Security, drones in American air space, NSA spying, warrantless searches, suing states that want the border closed ... need we go on?
- Headed by a dictatorial leader -- failed congressional bills being essentially passed by executive order or by agencies creating unscrutinized "rules" changes. A dictator operates outside the laws of the country. President Obama bypasses constitutional procedure and the separation of powers on a regular basis.
- Severe economic and social regimentation -- bailouts for the select supporters of the Administration, regulation by rules and lawsuits for others. Don't forget the tremendous cost increases being imposed by Obamacare and by the Administration's "green" fetish. Government meddling exists at all levels of life, all the way down to your child's school lessons and lunches. This Administration is forcing gay marriage, abortion and other liberal social experiments down America's throat while dividing the country by race and widening the gap between rich and poor.
- Forcible suppression of opposition -- It's wiretaps, IRS investigations and threats all around, not to mention stories about individuals being held against their will in jail or in mental hospitals. This Administration lives every day hoping for a good excuse to shut down Fox News, pull the plug on Rush Limbaugh and toss Tea Partiers in a cell somewhere.
And if that doesn't persuade you, just look at who our Administration is supporting in Egypt -- the Muslim Brotherhood.
The Brotherhood was founded in 1928 by Hassan al-Banna and quickly became allied with the Nazis, whom al-Banna admired. During World War II, the Brotherhood engaged in espionage, sabotage and terrorism on behalf of the Nazi regime. Brotherhood recruits' training included having to read Mein Kampf and the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.
During the current clashes, the Brotherhood is targeting Christian churches and businesses. This week, Brotherhood supporters paraded nuns through a mob as "prisoners of war," attempted to gang rape two Christian girls after burning their church, marked Christian businesses with black crosses for burning, and blamed Christians for deaths across Egypt of Brotherhood members.
Our country is on the brink. One push could send it tumbling into the same nightmare Germany experienced in World War II.